Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 pm 
Astute Guide

I like your new avatar! :D

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:29 pm 
Thanks! I suppose I will have too get a new color. One that matches this avatar.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:10 am 
Superlative Voyager

ur new avatar is awesome :) do you always have to chose the color when you post, or can you set it to that color all the time??

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:07 pm 
You have to choes the color everytime. It's too bad, though.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:40 pm 
Superlative Voyager

ok thanks :smt004

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:51 am 
You're welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:20 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
The teen zone seems to have almost completely disappeared. There are the "games," but the forum can be so much more. I hope that everyone hasn't forgotten all of the topics that can be viewed and responded to so that the flow of ideas and useful tips can be utilized.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:52 am 
Astute Guide

I agree, It would not be out of the question to keep many of the games and other chit chat in one single category in my opinion. In fact I would like to encourage people to start topics that are expected to be able to go for a long time, and not run out of originality.

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:41 am 
You guys might be able to make a new forum with just games. But you could make it so there is a limit to maybe 10 topics? Less? More? I think this might help you guys a little.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:10 pm 
Astute Guide

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea emibug, the only thing we might run into is how well it serves the purpose of informing and enhancing pathfinders over all... With all do respect, I could give you about a thousand (thats not really exageratin either) little games to play, but at that point it becomes cumbesome and doesn't really serve the real purpose of this forum as a whole. Now don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in fun, and games (pun not intended), but there needs to be a limit, and I want to respectfully suggest that we have reached this limit. I think that we need to stick with the games that are here and not add anymore, and if there is any just plain simple chit chat, keep it in this subject... that way we don't have to go searching everywhere for it, seeing how it is all in one nice central location!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm 
Master Guide

The Teen Pathfinder Zone already has a topic that allows everyone to just "chat" with each other. It is the topic we are posting in right now. I know this will sound like I am trying hard to stamp out the games, but I am not. I do feel however that the "^<v game" serves no purpose other than to talk as we would in this topic. Yes, it has a little different format, but the object of both topics are to hold open conversations in the Teen Zone.

As for making an area just for games. I am not above doing that. There is only one problem. I am just a moderator. Only an administrator can add areas/sections to the forum. My suggestion to you is that if you want a game area inside the Teen Pathfinder Zone, that you suggest it in the area of the forum called "Suggest A Forum!" You can create a new topic in that area requesting that a third area (the games section) be added underneath "Pathfinder Teens ONLY!" Should that happen, the administrators & moderators could keep the number of games to a specified number, if that is requested.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 pm 
Master Guide

I hope to be contributing a bit more to this forum next week after I get back from the summer camp I've been working at. Its been a great experience. Hope everybody's summer is going well. I agree that we need to revive more of the topics we have on here about pathfinder teen issues, and pathfinder teen activities, etc... Also never be afraid to tell your pathfinder friends that you think would contribute to making this forum even more of a resource for Pathfinder ministry.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:57 pm 
Master Guide

Somewhere on this forum, I know there is a topic called "Where did everybody go?" (or something like that) However, I didn't see it on my quick attempt to find it. I must be blind, but because I couldn't find it, I decided to post here. The true questions stands. Where did everyone go? I know the forum was down for at least a month, but I expected almost everyone to return to the forum. Especially the teens...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:59 am 
Master Guide

Well I have this forum as my home page, :'( but I have been neglecting it. My pathfinder club has been keeping me busy as well as the finals that are coming up at community college next week. I'll be around more now I promise. Hope everyone has a great holiday season. don't forget the reason for the season, Jesus.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:25 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I'm so busy now! I don't even have time to check my e-mail somedays! I did get out of PF for awhile but now (I know everyone will be happy to hear) I am back in. Yay! I love PF.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. :mrgreen:

Rom 8:28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:49 pm 
Master Guide

Well. It's back to school for everyone around Collegedale, Tennessee. Life seems to get busier and busier all the time. Right now, though, I'm not going to complain. Take it from someone who took some time away from school; it isn't all it's cracked up to be. You run out of things to do and become less motivated very quickly. And it's harder recover that drive. It is better to just keep going until it is all finished.

I hope everyone's break was enjoyable. May 2009 be a good year for you all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:06 pm 
Astute Guide

Back to school here too. Glad to be back, but miss the break too. I'll get into the swing soon. Gotta get my schedule figured out for next semester before it starts though...

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:14 pm 
Master Guide

Ya, I just got back to school too... I had two weddings to go to over Christmas break... ridiculous...

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas!

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:53 pm 
Astute Guide

i'm back in school and HATING it!!! I'm also back to the forum :D

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:07 pm 
Master Guide

Well, just a little note to say i'm alive. And although I have a heart here for this forum, i just haven't been around near enough. I would say college especially this quarter is keeping me very busy! :P But I'm surviving fine.

I just got back from my conference's Teen Retreat at camp Mivoden. I was a counselor this year with for teen guys to look after. We had fun. It was a great weekend, a big group of teens. We had a lot of fun. The most interesting part for me was being a victim for the winter-search and rescue game we played sabbath afternoon. I was a skier that "broke my leg". It was great fun. :)

Hope things are going good for everybody. :mrgreen: I'll try to be around here more. Happy Pathfindering!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:00 am 
Skillful Ranger

Yeah I really like the Teen Zone! I love being able to talk about pathfinders with other people from around the globe that are my age.

Voyager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:34 am 
Master Guide

I know I'm not really a teen anymore (by age, not by spirit), but I thought this topic the most appropriate place to mention this. I will be leaving the United States for Ukraine in 6 days. I will be gone for the next 9 months, during which time I will be working in Youth Ministries. I'm not sure how good my internet connection will be or how often I will be able to get online. I will try to keep up with the forum as best I can while gone though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:10 am 
Skillful Ranger

okay. hope u have a safe trip!

Voyager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 am 
Master Guide

:) I'm sure God has some great experiences ready for you VP. I'll be praying you learn a lot, and enjoy the adventure. Don't forget, we all on here will be praying for you! :) Keep us updated as you can.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 am 
Master Guide

Thank you Mitch. All is well here right now (other than my laptop battery being low). I am low on sleep after much traveling, but otherwise fine. I'll try and keep everyone posted on how I'm doing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next