Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:59 pm 
New Friend

so i was reading this topic from this guy Miguel (haha) and I think the reason why TLT's leave is becuase they think it isnt cool. From an outsiders point of view, we look dorky. its a boy scout/girl scout christian club. you have to wear a uniform and march. also their probably busy with school. keeping up their GPA and trying to get into college. not to mention, trying to have a social life. teens these days, think about one thing: Having a good time. Teens get corrupted and leave Pathfinders cuz it interfers with their personal/socail life. they rather go out and have fun with friends then have to go to their club meetings and do all the other stuff. then when it comes to the trips, they are pleading to go.
i like pathfinders and love being a TLT. its fun and a learning experience. lets not forget, Im going to be a jr counsler next yrs so thats kool. im stoked about that. well LEO, I hope this is good enough for you.

later :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:04 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Ya that is mostly what happens. I don't like wearing the uniform but I like pathfinders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:34 pm 
New Friend

Yeah Pathfinders is fun, but The skirts for girls are not fun!! Im sooooooooo happy my director is letting us wear pants next yr!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:43 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Just an adults veiwpoint on the topic, I think slacks are fine for girls for Drill Teams, parades, campouts, or other out door functions that require dress uniforms, but for church, I believe the girls should be in skirts. It shows respect for the more concervative people in your congregation, looks very sharp, and girls tend to act more like young ladies, (kind of like neckties helping the boys to act like young men). Skirts are more formal than slacks.

ok, i'll get back out of your forum now.

Chelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:47 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Ya we wear skirts for church, but for everything else we wear pants. Its good during the summer our outfit but for the winter its not. The guys have long sleeves so its good during the winter but not the summer. My club just lets us wear what we want just as long as its not for drills or anything like that where we have to do something in front of people.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:04 pm 
Participating Companion

hey cal
hockey is so much fun. i play floor hockey at school cause there are no ice rinks where i live. but i love it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:13 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Ya we play roller hockey in our gym. We don't have any ice rinks here either. Its so much fun though hehe.

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:36 pm 
Participating Companion

cal so what grade are you in? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:57 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I'm a junior in high school, so 11th grade. And I turned 16 in April. You?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:50 pm 
Participating Companion

i am gonna be in 9th grade and i will be 15 in september. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:54 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Awesome. You'll love high school its awesome. I didn't want to go but now i love it. ninth there is high school right. I know some places its still middle school.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:56 pm 
Participating Companion

yeah its high school but i go to a junior academy so it goes to 9th grade so it will feel the same :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:06 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Coolie. This fall all my friends except one is going to acadamy which is two hours away, so I won't get to see them any more :( But my friend that is staying is going the year after which sucks, but hopefully they will ym me everyday or as much as they can.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:11 pm 
Participating Companion

i am goning to go to an acedemy as soon as i get out of 10th grade. my friends are already sad. :roll1:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:30 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Ya I'm really sad, b/c we've been together since we were born and now they aren't going to be here anymore :( . I'll only have one girl at my church now and she is a year younger than me and we don't get along well. But my best friend Katie and Brandon are going then Brian is going the year after. and my friends Alex and Geletawak are already up there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:36 pm 
Participating Companion

yeah my friend laura and i have been together since i moved to tennesee like 8 years ago so shes the one who keeps asking if i still want to go. because i want to go to oregon for academy. why arent you going to the academy :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:54 pm 
Helpful Explorer

My parents don't want me to go. they say its too far away and they want to raise me not someone else, so i'm staying here. I would miss them anyways even though i'm going to miss my friends terribly, but thats life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:52 pm 
Participating Companion

yeah, my parents want me to stay home but i really dont want to, cause everyone that goes to academy say its really fun and i have relatives in oregon and i will get to see them alot. so do you go to an adventist school :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:43 am 
Helpful Explorer

thats good. No, I go to public school. I wish that I would be able to have people around that understand me and why I don't do certain things, and be at a nice adventist school. But even the adventist school here has problems. They drink, smoke and everything else because non adventists go there too. It kinda sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:44 pm 
Participating Companion

yeah that does suck. my dad wont let me or my brother or sister go to a public school until college. because he had to go to public schools and he didnt want any of his children to go to them. and in memphis the public schools are really bad they have lots of gangs and lots of fights and they had kids bring guns but they caught them before they could do anything. so they have really bad schools. i kinda wanted to go to a public school just to be with lots of people and what its like but i wouldnt want to go here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:40 am 
Helpful Explorer

Ya I don't like my public school its not that bad, but its still bad. I was going to go to Southern for college, but I decided to stay here and go to a local college. It costs less, and I can still live at home, bacause I don't think I'm ready to leave my home yet. I have two more years though. Then I'm going to be a 1st grade teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:50 pm 
Superlative Voyager

*knocks on the forum*

Mind if I come in for a second? I always watch this board, but never really post on here...cause..you know... im "old" lol.

I'm only 23, but I've been where you guys were very recently. Public high school does have alot to offer, but has alot of negative influences in it. But at the same time, Adventists are no angels. Don't think that because you go to private school you can let your spiritual guard down. Adventist schools can be just as hard because you have "good kids" wanting to do bad things. Keep your spiritual guard up wherever you go, and don't let anyone change who you are, or what you stand for. I've been to adventist schools, other christian schools, and public high schools. And there's not that much difference between the three, I know this.

And for Pathfinders... STAY IN PATHFINDERS. If any of you went to an International Camporee, plan on the next one. I went to Dare to Care and Discover the Power. And I appreciated the 2nd one much more because I was older. I met alot of friends there (5 years ago) and I haven't seen them since, but talked to one of them just last night. Since Camporee, we've gone on to become directors, staff members, area coordinators, deputy directors, etc...

Pathfinders will keep you in the church, and keep you involved. Some day you'll understand why your leaders slaved over Pathfinders so much, because it's worth it more than you'll understand now. Just stick with it with the dorky programs.

But more than being dorky... Pathfinders is cool ;) Many many kids wish that they did the stuff Pathfinders do. Canoeing, Rock Climbing, Scuba Diving, Power Boating, Windsurfing, Model Rocketry, Physics, Chemistry, and the list goes on.

Boy and Girls scouts do NOT do stuff like that, they WISH they were us lol. Stick with Pathfinders, best choice you'll ever make (next to being baptized).

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:43 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Ya my parents are the leaders, so I understand the importance. I've seen what has happened to the people who have left. My parents have really dedicated their lives to pathfinders. Its funny when we go out and go caving and backpacking and stuff like that we see boy scouts and they are always so tired and look like they don't know what their doing its funny. We also were in a parade and they saw us in our uniforms and they were like who in the world are these people. We have this on going joke for the boy and girl scouts. My parents don't want me raised by the other kids up at adventist schools they want to raise me. Because most of the time thats what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:48 pm 
Participating Companion

so do you have pathfinders all year long or are you out for the summer? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:25 pm 
Helpful Explorer

We're out for the summer, but we still go out and do things during the summer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next