[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - SNOWBOARDING V.S. SKIING!!!!!

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Snowboarding v.s. Skiing? What do u enjoy?!!
Poll ended at Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:23 pm
Snowboarding! 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Skiing! 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Both!! 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Neither :( 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:23 pm 
New Friend

Hey everyone!! :smt006

I love snowboarding!! :smt040 It is the best thing out there for me right now during winter, and wakeboarding :smt023 during summer!! What about you guys? Does anybody agree with me that :arrow: snowboarding rocks? :smt035 !!! Now I did ski for 9 years before I jumped into snowboarding and I enjoy both :wink: but I think snowboarding has toped the skiing for sure :smt038
Isn't it cool how God has created each snowflake so perfectly and so carefully?!! They are so differant, each one of them....Kind of like people! lol :smt026

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:44 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
I have not tried snowboarding yet. My vote is therefore, bias towards skiing. It has to be hard to straitleg it down the slope on a snowboard. You also can't do much cross country on a snowboard. That is just my oppinion. If somebody wants to prove me wrong, go for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:18 pm 
Master Guide

You can do all sorts of things on a snowboard... I find it easier because I don't have to work to keep my legs from going crazy, they're attached to the same thing... plus it's just fun!

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:04 pm 
New Friend

I have skied since I was very small and tried snowboarding last year. I find both fun but snowboarding hurts too much. I can go a whole day skiing without getting hurt or falling even when I push myself. On the snowboard the occasional fall hurts so much more. :x On my first snowboarding run I started on a green than transfered to a blue half way down the hill. Skiing is straight down the blues looking for jumps or slightly carving on a black for speed.

PS: Don't try a spine type jump with snow blades! I tried that once and found myself flying in the air in a horizontal position - fun until I landed from 2 feet in the air on my rear on a patch of ice!!!!!!

The snow blades are to short to correctly transfer the forward momentum into vertical trajectory without drastically changing your attitude with relationship to the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:17 pm 
Astute Guide

I ski, it is what i learned on, and have never had the desire to go through the process of falling down repeatedly to learn snowboarding! but each to his own.

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:50 am 
Master Guide

I'm a Skier, and will be for life. I could have choose both on the poll, but I choose skiing. Because it was and is my first love. I've skied since i was really little.

Actually here is a picture of my brother (Zfinder) and I skiing. Not our first time either.

So I tried snowboarding last year also, with my brother. I enjoyed the challenge! I got it pretty fast. I'll probably do both some skiing and boarding this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:13 pm 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:50 am 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:07 pm 
Master Guide

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:58 pm 
Master Guide

Thanks a lot. Your not any younger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:38 pm 
Astute Guide

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:53 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:47 pm 
Participating Companion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:13 am 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:25 pm 
Astute Guide

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:09 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:55 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I wanna try snowboarding.......it seems cool----though I'd probably mow down a couple of innocent bystanders first. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:26 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:55 pm 
Master Guide

It's a lot more fun when you don't have to push yourself to learn... just take some time and take it easy and learn at your pace. Snowboarding is a lot of fun, just make sure you don't get scared off by learning something new... :D

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:12 am 
Master Guide

I'm starting to think about summit skiing. Wouldn't it be fun to summit a mountain and then ski (or snowboard) down to base camp. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:29 pm 
Participating Companion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:09 pm 
Helpful Explorer

lol, why do I get the bad feeling you've gone out of the park----and not on wheels? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:28 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 am 
Participating Companion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:22 am 
Participating Companion