[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - Bullies

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bullies
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:57 pm 
New Friend

I need some advice about how to deal with bullies.
What would you do if you thought someone was your friend but then his/
her friends didn't want you guys to be friends because there was another
person involved and his/her friends were threatning you and harrassing
you when you didn't do anything to their friends to make them feel like
the way they do. what would you do if they told you to stay away from
your friend. would you do it? I really need your guyses help i'm really
confused i don't know what to do. What are your thoughts??? :smt022 :cry: :smt085

Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:33 pm 
New Friend

So do you guys have any advice on what i should do??? I'm still confused
I would like to hear from you guys!!! So did you guys have school today?
I had a half day i got out at 11:30 today!!! I have pathfinders on
tuesday i'm sooo excited!!! I can't wait to march if we get to tuesday!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:34 pm 
Astute Guide

To tell you the truth I am not sure. Probably tell an adult is the first thing you should do. That is probably gonna be hard, but if they are seriously threatening you that's what you need to do. If you become afraid that they will actually harm you, contact the police. If it isn't that serious, just try and be nice to them. Don't purposely go against them just to make them mad, but don't let them get to you either, and don't show that you're scared. In fact, just act like nothing out of the ordinary is happening. The reason they are doing it is probably because they are looking for a reaction of some kind, and if you don't give them one then they will have to move on.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject: Heeeey!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:54 pm 
New Friend

Thanx that helped a little bit. I think that sounds reasonable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:07 pm 
Master Guide

Sounds like a hard situation. I would talk to your pathfinder councilor or leader, parent, teacher or someone who can help you through the situation. I don't know all the details, and it would be good to get someone you trust and can help.

Remember always to be nice, and treat them how Jesus treated others. It's hard, I'll be praying for you. :wink:

Post subject: Thanx!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:30 am 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:15 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Its a hard situation to know what to do in, especially when I don't know the people involved. But like they said, the first thing I would do is talk it over with an adult who, if at all possible, knows all parties involved and will keep it confidential if need be. Also try to find out the reasons behind these peoples actions, they may have some unfounded fears about what this friendship would lead to. I will be praying for you as you deal with this. Always remember that God will see you through!

Post subject: Heeey!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:25 pm 
New Friend

The people involved are the person i thought was my friend, the person I
thought was my guy friend, there friends that don't want me to be friends
with him. Most of his friends that don't like me i don't even talk to. i mean
I've said hi once or twice

Post subject: Heeeeey!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:17 am 
New Friend

So do you guys have anymore advice on what i should do????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:09 pm 
Master Guide

Hi Britni,

I am very sorry that you have to go through this. I was the target of bullies myself when I first started high school (but that was decades ago). I tried ignoring them, but it did not seem to help. It was finally resolved when my family and I moved to another state. The best advice I can give is that you should treat them as a Christian should, but don't let them intimidate you. If your friend still wants to be your friend, I see no reason for you to discontinue your friendship. That should be between you and your friend, not between you and your friend's friends. I assume you have talked to your friend about this?

Post subject: Heeey!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:33 pm 
New Friend

Yeah i saw him today and he gave me a hug!!! he wasn't rude either!!!!
His friends finally left me alone. I'm much happier now things are fine but keep writing what you think i should do just in case!!!

But thax you guys are great!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:30 pm 
Astute Guide

So did you do anything differently or did it just quit?

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:47 am 
Master Guide

How are things going now? Hope its all going better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:33 pm 
Participating Companion

im osrry about bullies i have to deal with them to....i dotn know what to say iv just started funning away when they start to be mean and im faster than all them so they really cant do anything about it.... :|

Post subject: Re: Bullies
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:32 pm 
I would tell the other friends that you like that other person, and like to be friends with him/her. Be firm, yet polite.