Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:02 am 
New Friend

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting.
I would like to know, are there OFFICIAL guidelines with regards to the Master Guide Uniform somewhere that i can download.

Specifics, like how low/high a heel can be worn, what type of stockings or socks etc.

I have noticed of late that some clubs allow there staff members to wear high heels. And i really dont see how that logically works out for being on parade.
If anyone has this information, i would be gretaly appreciative.
PS keep up the good work with the website, it really is a Godsend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:45 pm 
Master Guide

To the best of my knowledge they are not available to download anywhere (not he NAD/GC requirements any how). You may find that East Texas has their guidelines available online.

At any rate, the matter is being discussed in Febuary at the MG Committee meeting during the leadership convention in Florida and sometime after that they will make changes available for all.

For women (on an official division level) the type of shoe and stocking were never detailed. The detail is black shoes, many women where helaed pumps of 2" or lower as is a detail of the military footwear for women in dress uniform in the US and has been for many decades, this is normally accompanied by flesh colored hosiery. The Master Guide Uniform has not been documented in one of the published manuals since the last time the MV Handbook was published around 1969 and has not officially changed since that time. The staff uniform for Pathfinder staff members listed in the current PF Staff Manual is not for Master Guide.

Be patiant in a few months the standards will likely be published here, once the committee has met and NADYM has had the opportunity to review the outcome.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:17 pm 
New Friend

Thank you very much for such a timely reply. I'll pass the information on to my staff members. I guess until we get official notification, its best for us all to just agree to wear the same.
I have my own personal view points, but then, I know that mentally i am a bit allergic to change, but i guess whatever is decided, i will abid eby.

thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:05 pm 
Master Guide

You are welcome, I don't like change much either.

God Bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:13 am 
Participating Companion

i think that Master Guides uniform should conform to the rest of the club. If NAD changed it to black from Forest Green...the Master Guide suit or uniform should be Black. Everyone looks good in unison.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:41 am 
Helpful Explorer

I don't think there is an official MG uniform at all. No where does it mention forest green (not AdventSource, GC Youth website, or the Pathfinder website). Check with your conference as to what they require MGs to wear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:16 am 
Master Guide

Actually there is and has been for more than 50years an official Master Guide Uniform. AdventSource sells it if you call and order by phone only as it is a fitted item. It disapears from the manuals yes, but it has not changed.

http://www.pathfindersonline.org/forum/ ... .php?t=189

The above is another detailed discussion about the Master Guide Uniform.

God Bless,

Chris