Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:05 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I agree that recognition is important and Pathfinders wearing several bars and pins impressed me a great deal as a young Pathfinder.
My caustions would be this, the clubs that I attended as a Pathfinder were small, with limited staff, and we did basic curriculum and even when we participated and should have earned other pins, they weren't ordered. Looking back, I understand that my leaders probably didn't even really know or understand what the were, or have the time to investigate more. I never missed those pins as a Pathfinder though, only after I became a director did I realize. Anyway, I would hate to have too many things to try and keep up with, because as a Director of a small club, I have a hard time keeping up with all the paper work. And it is a bit intimadating to go to Camporee and realize that you never had a clue what all to order for your kids. Not all local Pathfinder leadership is online and even some that are don't spend much time lokking around and searching out information that they don't know they are missing.
However, if you put everything on a spreadsheet, I'll have a much better time keeping track.
Chelly

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:06 am 
New Friend

Yes, Adventsource does not sell this item but Alex's engraving does. I just purchased this item. It is great! (www. alexengraving. com) tell them eli sent you LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:16 am 
Astute Guide

I hope that this forum is helping with information that club directors need.

Recognition is important and makes some Pathfinders strive to do more.

I got into a race with the sons of the Conference Pathfinder Leader several years back. They were trying to see if they could earn more honors in a year than anyone else. I took the challenge and now have a sash full of honors. At one point, we were doing three or four honors a month. I was worked hard by those two.

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:05 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I once did 13 in a year......

Central NH Flames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:35 pm 
New Friend

I think that http://fgcs.homestead.com/Home.html is probably one of the better websites for ordering pins and name tags. In our conference in New Jersey it is much more expensive. You know what is kind of funny. I went through that same experience with my brother as I was growing up. We raced to see how many honors we could finish by the end of the year. My brother got up to 30 honors and I got up to 36 honors. We were so competive that we did not even help each other. We did it out of pure research and learned a lot. For me it was really cool because he motivated me to do better as well as I did for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:35 pm 
Helpful Explorer

There are only two places that sell the name tags with the Pathfinder Logo on them.
Florida Gulf Coast Signs: Click Here. Located in Florida
Alex's Engraving: Click Here. Located in California

Post subject: Pin Placement
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:29 pm 
Participating Companion

Quote:
First, I started on a uniform guide a couple of years ago that I was planning to present to NAD. I did not finish it but some pages such a pin and ribbon placement were mostly done. Would anyone be interested in looking at it as an idea for uniformity if I have it posted at the xtreme website?

I would very much like to see this for uniformity's sake. Please, post this information and make it available for all the NAD clubs. Also, if you have information on placement of class rank insignia, this would be helpful.

Christine Wall
[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:54 am 
Participating Companion

Remember the "hotdog" style pathfinder head dress (hats) where can I find them? I think that they are better then the berets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:49 am 
Master Guide

They will be easier to find if you know they are, today, called Garrison caps (hats) for the most part. I have not the first clue where you could find black ones (the US Navy & USPHS use them) but modern army green styles are available from many uniform sources online.

Well what do you know I found one:

http://ec-securehost.com/uniformaccesso ... RISON.html

I am sure that Marlow White carries them as well but the price is likely to be higher.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:23 am 
Participating Companion

Thanks Chris
Now If I can find them in Khaki....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:17 pm 
Master Guide

WWII surplus army is the color those should be findable on ebay and at local surplus stores. I do not know of anyone who still uses khaki that is why I linked to black for new ones.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:25 pm 
Participating Companion

i got black and khaki.

i am going to form up a drill team. that is one amazing store. thanks

Post subject: Re: Uniform Pins
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:00 pm 
New Friend

Where is the official placement for Bible Achievement Award pins? I've heard some people say it goes on the sash, others say the pocket, etc......Also I remember at 11 years old wearing my uniform with pride every time I put it on....But the straight skirts were akward on camporees and marching...I think this problem has been solved with allowing pants for girls, but still my pathfinders hate wearing them despite being so pleased the first time they get them...Truthfully I think the pathfinders really don't hate the uniforms so much as the idea of uniforms(getting dressed up and matching). I keep telling them that sometimes in life we have to dress a certain way for a job, or event, whether we like it or not...sometimes you have to do unpleasant things and you can either whine and complain or have a positive attitude and have fun despite what you're wearing...so far no one has refused to wear them....

My only suggestion would be to design a uniform shirt for adult women and older girls that are designed for women and not men...maybe a tunic style shirt that is gathered in the back(so it's a little tailored) with a striaght bottom that doesn't tuck in? It could even have buttons down the front and a collar... Some of the larger pathfinder girls(and let's face it-all developing girls) especially feel very self conscious in the uniforms as they definitely do not flatter a fuller figure...this could make girls hate their uniforms a little less....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 am 
Skillful Ranger

Amabott,

I have two sources for you. Keep in mind, this first one has the baptismal/Staff service stars on the wrong side. Other than that, it looks like a good resource.

http://sdadventistyouth.org/home/pathfinders/tlt/uniform-changes/

And the second is to the pertinent pages from the Staff Manual. I have to admit, I too am a bit confused as to where one places their little red TLT pin once they've completed all four years. There is nothing in the staff manual concerning placement of TLT items. A little help?
http://www.pathfindersonline.org/pdf/.../staff_manual_uniform.pdf

Also, found a place to get the pin plates I was talking about ages ago:
https://www.pathfindershirts.com/store/product-list.php?pg1-cid166.html

Central NH Flames

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:29 am 
Master Guide

I'd wear it in the usual place until I got a one year service star. Then I'd move it to the sash.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Would that also mean that the Baptismal Pin moves to the sash (since it holds that spot unless you have a TLT/Staff service star)? I do have to TLT 4 year star I got when I completed the program, and I've replaced the baptismal pin with it but I am a bit unclear as to where the baptismal pin and such goes in that case. I really wish the uniform regs had a section on this. It would be very helpful.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9216_n.jpg

As you can see here, I have replaced the Baptismal with my 4th yr TLT star. I'm just wondering if that is the correct thing to do. The red TLT pin, the Baptismal, and the small red Pathfinder pin (first induction) have all moved to my sash here:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4103_n.jpg

((I've not made the pic links show the actual pics in the post to help reduce server load :) ))

Central NH Flames

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 pm 
Master Guide

Since the regulations are silent on the matter, I would think you are free to handle it the best way you see fit. I think what you've done will be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:00 pm 
New Friend

I use Ribbon mounts. They can some times slide around on the bar.
Some tips when using them.
1. Take some rubber cement and put a drop at the end of each row.
2. Use a pair of pliers and gently crimp the backs of the ribbons.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:35 pm 
Skillful Ranger

@ Fish:

I'd be interested in reviewing that uniform guide if you care to upload and link it. I have to admit though.... I'm a bit confused as to the placement of the Bible bowl pins. I've seen many people wearing them on the bottom portion of the pocket where one has the pins and class strip. That however, is a rather awkward place if you're female. I've taken to wearing it on my sash. Any suggestions on this?

Central NH Flames

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:08 pm 
Participating Companion

This thread started out more than 10 years ago and has lots of outdated information. It is interesting to read how innovative people were back then to try and get uniform accessories or customize. One topic prevalent throughout was trying to find the mounts or backings for pins and ribbon bars. The best resource I have found is PathfinderShirts.com. They have stainless steel ribbon bar holders anywhere from 2 to 9 ribbons. They also carry display plates and tags for pins; including Adventurers and Pathfinders. They have lots of other accessories for uniforms too. Hope this helps!