Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:35 pm 
New Friend

Hello,
I confess that I am new to both the Pathfinders and this web forum. I am trying to find some information on more than the color of the uniform and what makes up a uniform. I would like to find some...bear with me...REGULATIONS. Other than "Black" should pants be loose fitting, high water, touch the ground? That kind of stuff.

I have been assigned (willingly) to whip our group into inspection shape. This is difficult to do without a template of sorts. We had one young lady come to drill the other night wearing dance shoes....but they were black. :wink: LOL

Thank you for whatever help you can push my way.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:42 pm 
Master Guide

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have access to a Pathfinder Staff Manual? If so, open it up to section II, page 76. That's where the section on the uniform begins, but be warned - my copy of the manual does not reflect the changes instituted in 2000 (calling our forest green instead of black). There is also information on the NAD PF webiste at http://www.pathfindersonline.org/html/u ... index.html

Note that your local conference has the authority to make changes to the uniform requirements. As far as I know, the only requirements on the shoes is that they be black, be the type that can be polished (eliminating sneakers and canvas shoes for example), and cover the whole foot (eliminating sandals and perhaps dance shoes). But I cannot find that in writing anywhere. It is entirely possible that that's a rule local to my conference (they inspect for that at camporees).

Check with your conference PF director.