Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:16 pm 
New Friend

Hi everyone! I'm starting a new club in Palestine, TX and I'm going to have about 12 Pathfinders. Our problem is that this is a economically challenged area and a lot of the parents aren't able to afford the uniforms, nor does the club that the money to buy the uniforms to even rent them out to Pathfinders for cheap. Do any of you directors have uniform shirts that are getting a little worn that you would be willing to donate??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 pm 
Astute Guide

I don't know right now what I have, but I think I have a couple extra shirts at least. I'll send you a PM once I have looked around.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:34 am 
Master Guide

I'll take a look about too. I'm pretty sure we do have some old shirts.

When we started our club, one of the first honors we worked on was silkscreening. I didn't know how to silkscreen, but I researched it and taught myself how by making field uniforms for the club. We had everyone supply a sweatshirt, and I did the silkscreening. Once I knew how to do that, I taught the club. It was a lot of work, but the shirts came out looking decent enough. These days though, we have them done professionally at a silkscreening shop. That costs us little more than the blank shirts (and it's a lot easier on me!)

Another thing you might consider is running a fundraiser. There are plenty of ideas for that elsewhere on this board.

Good luck! Starting a new club is an exciting adventure filled with many challenges and rewards. God bless you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:40 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
As I remember, the Texas Conference has quite the uniform spread. While I don't have any spare uniform parts laying around (mostly because of my current service location), I second the fundraiser idea and the silkscreen honor as great ideas.

Try working with your area coordinator (there are too many to remember, if you are lucky, maybe you have Donny Gore) and the conference to acquire additional assistance.

Finally, though this is not common in the USA, other parts of the world just use the scarf for their uniform. I don't know if this last suggestion will work in your situation, but I thought I would hand it out to you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:54 pm 
New Friend

Well thank you! Yup there are definitely challenges involved. I'm working on getting sponsors at the moment. I'm planning on us doing fund raisers without a doubt, but that would be more in the spring time. I'm actually going to have a company do the screen printing for me on the field shirts. It's the uniforms that I need help with though. I have one sponsor that's giving me $500, but that's to be used for camping equipment. Oh well. We'll see what happens with getting sponsors. I'm going throughout the community tomorrow going to different businesses with my sponsorship letter. I'm bound to find some sponsors!