Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Uniforms
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:23 pm 
Participating Companion

The old pathfindersonline.org had a link to the uniform requirements. I can't find one now. I've found another link at Youth Department of the World Headquarters of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and I am perplexed as to which standards to follow. The youth.gc.adventist.org link is a little different than what I'd had used before.

What are the new requirements/standards. Where can I find this information?

Sincerely,
Christine Wall

Counselor
Grace Connection Disciples
St. Louis, MO

Post subject: Uniform
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Greetings,

The AY staff Manual differs some from the General Conference standards (which is what you see at youth.gc.adventist.org.)

The NAD standard as listed on the website is what you should follow.

I'm posting those uniform pages on the website this week, they were causing me some coding challenges as we moved to the new site, so they've come along a bit slower than the rest.

Thanks for the reminder! :lol:

Mark O'Fffill
webmaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm 
Participating Companion

Mr. O'Fffill,

Thank you so much for your promptness in answering my question. Thank you, also, for providing this site for Pathfinders. It may take a while to catch on with our directors, counselors, and parents, but it will prove to be such a blessing in the long run.

May God bless you and keep you,
Christine Wall

Post subject: Good work
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:03 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I agree with Christine, very good work. This site is proof of how different talents can be put to work for Gods will. I have been waiting for a Pathfinder forum for a long time. I think that I am actually going to require that my teen and TLT Pathfinders post a minimum of three messages on their corresponding sections just to get them familiar with the site. Thanks again,

Post subject: Uniforms
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:21 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I was having some trouble getting uniform items from my previous director before I switched clubs so i could go to college. Unfortunately, my conference (NNEC) does not do the online ordering thing for honors and such we stilll have to order them through the conference office.....

cailin gerrans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:18 pm 
Master Guide

All Honor Patches and other investiture items must be ordered through a conferencve within the NAD. Your Conference obtains them through AdventSource, they are not availble to others. Their are conferences that take orders online such as FLoridia.

If you need uniforms, those are available to all through AdventSource, if you have lost some patches or never received them, often times local Directors and Conferences are happy to help.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:39 am 
Skillful Ranger

Thanks so much for your help, I shall see what I can come up with once I am back at college. I am on reak until Jan. 9. :D

Post subject: Pathfinder Yahoo group
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:26 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I know there are some other Pathfinder yahoo groups out there - but the only one's i've been seeing are for just that club. It's not welcoming anyone else at all. So I have come up with a Pathfinder Yahoo group to solve that problem. Here you can post messages, get links to other Pathfinder sites, and get to know other people, much the same as you do here! I love Pathfindering, I love this forum and I love each of you. Please drop by and visit!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdapathfinders

Here is another group I moderate:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdaworldwide

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

The NAD Pathfinder Uniform pages are again available at Pathfindersonline.org

http://www.pathfindersonline.org/html/u ... index.html

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject: Still Lost
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:02 pm 
Participating Companion

Help!

My daughter is an invested Explorer. She's invested as a Friend and Companion as well.

My question is this: where do the class pins, class rank badges and chevrons go??

I've seen it done a few different ways. Which ways are correct?

Class pins:
highest rank class pin on the left pocket only, or should the lower class pins be placed here as well? If they should also be placed here, what order would they go in (looking at the Pathfinder) left to right, highest to lowest, or in reverse? If they should be placed on the sash, where should they be placed?

Class Rank Badge:
It is my understanding that the highest invested class badge should be worn over the left pocket. What do we do with the lower class badges? Should they be placed on the sash, and if so, where? Above the nametag? And, in which order? Starting with Friend and then moving upward?

Chevrons: Which chevrons should be on the left sleeve? Only the current rank (as in the rank posted above the left pocket), or all the ranks ascending from Friend upward? I know Master Guides wear all that they have been invested in, but should the regular Pathfinder do this as well?

I realize that a lot of effort has gone into making this information available for the clubs, but I can't seem to find these "nit-picky" answers anywhere.

Still Lost,
Christine Wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:54 am 
Master Guide

This will vary slightly in some conferences but, if you look at the items contained in the link directly above your post you will find most answers.

For sharpness and ease most conferences have only the highest class chevron attained on their uniform sleeve.

Pins: When facing the shirt both pins and ribbons should best be; highest to lowest in achievment moving left to right or center out.
Most will put all of the Class pins in one row, I have all of the classes plus two Florida Conference classes and the Master Guide so mine are in 3 rows. MG on top then higest to lowest class in two even rows.

Badge: Highest over shirt pocket yes, left yes. The others may be displayed on the sash. There is no hard and fast rule for sashes, too many of us have more than one by the end; and the get changed a few times as we grow. Mine is: those clubs I have been involved in at the top (not necessary) then the classes highest to lowest moving down (this will take measuring to leave room. I place the badge to the left and the chevron to the right. In my case as I have been involved now for 24 years I have two sashes one dedicated to honors and the other to camporee patches, awards, and achievements.

The chevrons are too hard to make clean lined up on the sleeve, Only Master Guides with ALL of the classes where a patch that shows them and for us they were kind enough to make it all one patch. Other MG's have a patch with just the star. My recommendation is that unless the conference says otherwise (then I will recommend they change) wear only the chevron of the highest class attained on the sleeve.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell

Post subject: No Longer Lost
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:53 pm 
Participating Companion

Thank you so much! This helps me to complete the uniform look both for my daughter and her club. We are much obliged!!!!

Christine Wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:45 pm 
Master Guide

You are welcome, that's what I loiter here for.

God Bless, and Happy Sabbath

Chris Fishell

Post subject: No Uniformity
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:38 pm 
Participating Companion

Unfortunately, these guidelines did not work for us at the Iowa-Missouri Camporee. We were docked 5 points for having our pins in the wrong places.

Ugh!

This is so frustrating to me.

Why can't the entire NAD follow one set of guidelines? Why must each conference be different from others; why must the uniform guidelines be kept so secretive??

Frustrated after recent Camporee,
Christine "Chrys" Wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:52 pm 
Master Guide

Well, I suppose it could have been worse. I also wish I could say I am surprised, despite the fact NOTHING about the organization of Pathfinders in the conference should be secret or even remotely difficult to attain many conferences are under performing in this area.

The internet would be a great tool for them but they won't use it. Some conferences publish manuals others do not. Many conferences have little staff or structure for the conference level and some that do, have a lack of ambition.

I wish that you had not suffered a loss of points over the issue, I would recommend not complaining to the conference but rather offering to help distribute conference policies. Ask for the information that the conference has adopted and ask for the opportunity to help, if they say no or do not follow through they will have only themselves to blame as the ministry they are charged with supporting fails. I do not want to see them fail so I encourage you to make every reasonable offer and inquiry for assistance to your conference as I do all leaders.

What order does your conference want the pins in? Did you have other short falls, I always feel bad when I give guidance that fails people even slightly.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:55 am 
Participating Companion

Mr. Fishell,

Please don't feel bad about the advice. Au contraire! You have been wonderful in offering to help, giving guidance and keeping Pathfinders across the world informed!!

The Director of our club and I did not complain. (Oh! The temptation though!) We are simply frustrated with the current level of communications.

You asked about the proper order for the Iowa-Missouri pins. Turns out, the levels a Pathfinder has completed, except the highest level, go on the sash. The placement of these patches is as you've suggested, but the pins also on the sash. They are to be placed either between the rank name and the chevron; or they are to be placed on between chevrons (inside the "v").

Thank you for the wise advice of offering to make a difference and to forego complaining.

Sincerely,
Christine "Chrys" Wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:49 am 
Skillful Ranger

I placed the class names on my sash, with the chevrons next to them, and the corresponding pin resting inside the V of the appropriate chevron, just like you described....

Central NH Flames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:08 pm 
Astute Guide

A couple of years back, the ARKLA Conference issued a Conference Pathfinder Handbook.
This book contained the information as to what the Pathfinder/Adventurer Coucil (PAC) considered to be important information for Pathfinders in the Conference.
There was a section in the book that had actual pictures of the pins and patches on a uniform so that everyone in the Conference would be on the same page.
The PAC has been talking about sending out a revised copy.
This would be a good format for other Conferences to convey what they think is important.

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm 
Master Guide

Mrs. Wall, first you can call me Chris if you like, second thankyou.

I like Mr. Mike's/ARKLA's approach of full color pictures for the manual. AZ Conference has, for about 15years (maybe more), put out policy manuals annually. It is worth while because at least the leaders do not have an excuse not to know. Proactive Area Coordinators help too, there is more to being a Coordinator than showing up for conference events to run a stop watch. To help clubs get organized and manage their budgets (through advice) and assisting directors with communitcating to their board are important parts of being a good Coordinator. I would also encourage Conference YM Departments to set aside funds each year and establish a "hardship" program to assist new clubs, poorer clubs, or even individual Pathfinders in need to obtain the basics for Pathfindering such as a Class A. It would be limited in scope and reach I am sure but a worthy effort.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell

Post subject: Uniform stuff on sash
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Mrs. Wall,

The uniform standard you mention looks really nice and solves some of the uniform spacing problems the NAD uniform has.

However, it was the official NAD Uniform ONLY from 1998 - 2001 (based on my research). Therefore, I'm saddened that your attempt to follow a more NAD-like uniform was not honored.

As an Area Coordinator myself, I've always found it helpful to be aware of what the NAD is doing, not being so close focused that I ONLY know what my conference is doing. Of course the Conference's standard needs to be followed :!: , but I wish the leadership had exercised some understanding in that situation. . . . . :lol: :o

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:19 am 
Astute Guide

Part of my duties as an Area Coordinator is to conduct two club inspections per year for each club in my area.
At these club inspections, a large number of the points for the inspection are uniform correctness.
These inspections count towards year in club recognition (trophies).
These two inspections give the Area Coordinator the opportunity to help each of their clubs understand the requirements and make corrections.

Mr. Mike