Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:49 am 
New Friend

To Whom It May Concern:

For those like myself who can't always make it to my local Pathfinders Club, my suggestion is to have an online Voyager/Guide Class, because last year I was a Voyager and now I am a Guide Pathfinder. We would like to make Pathfinders a more convenient Organization, and also I think we should have more Pathfinders Mentors for Lone Pathfinders if there are not enough Pathfinders Club wherever the location are inconvenient. Do you know what I am saying? There is another suggestion I want to make for the sake of the Pathfinders Clubs. All of the Pathfinders Clubs in the USA and all over the world should let men and women with special needs at any age--specially those who are 50 years and older to join the Pathfinders Club and Class in all of the Pathfinders Ranks because my Pathfinders Leader is letting me do this in a Case-by-case matter. I am 50 year old and I am a Pathfinder today. Please let this information be posted and the Pathfinders Club in all the SAD Churches let the adults join and be a participating Pathfinder in all of the Pathfinders Ranks. God bless you and thank you very much.

Cordially,
Valerie Klaassen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:56 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I really like this idea, it gives some great options for isolated kids.

Post subject: Online classes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for your comments.

The one thing I would like to mention is that Pathfinder classwork is designed to be done within a community. Its hard to do the majority of the requirements if you are ALONE. For example, how can you participate in and evaluate three Pathfinder events if there is no Pathfinder club to work in?

I know that's not terribly helpful for isolated kids, but I would suggest that honors be the primary outlet for isolated kids. There are almost 300 honors that can be earned!

This answer it true for the North American Division. The classwork requirements for the world field differ dramatically from the NAD model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:03 am 
Superlative Voyager

Actually Mark, participating and evaluating the Pathfinder activities is one of the easier things that my isolated kids have to do. We attend the Camporee, Fair, Leadership Weekend, we have Pathfinder Sabbath, Investiture, and Campouts. There are often enough conferance events that that requirement isn't a problem. Some of the requirements where I see an online class being of benefit is discussion groups, for presenting reports and evaluations, Sharing ideas of what they did to complete the requirements and the added benefit is that they are still part of an Adventist group which is hugely important for teens.