Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: News and Review
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:36 pm 
Master Guide

This just occured to me so I thought I would throw it out there.

Since one theme that seems to be recurring in this forum is the lack of communicaiton and up-to-date information in conferences; and growing interest in the New pathfindersonline site has been noticable maybe this would be a useful tool.

A News and Review section where the conference via the Youth Ministry or Pathfinder Director appointee could send pathfindersonline news and committee updates to be posted in this section. It would also make a good place for Union, GC and NAD with their associated ministries and efforts involving Pathfinders to have headlines for their updates.

This I beleive would not only be valuable to any given conference but also to the site. Conferences who currently have communications issues or that would like to "streamline" their communications to avoid misunderstandings would take advantage of it bringing more Conference Directors, Coordinators and Club Directors to the site. The additional site usage for news and updates would also (likely) lead to more participation and cross exposure to this forum.

I suspect the updates could be infrequent such as once per month. In the Spring and Fall there may be an extra update to keep up with approaching Leadership Convention information, policy updates, and information for new Directors. If there was an issue of exposure then a person might need to register for that area of the site annually to establish their position, I beleive most policy issues and updates should be public but some things may require a more sensetive or secure approach. Sharing this information online may also inspire other less active conferences to action and help to promote greater uniformity accross the division by offering frequent exposure to NAD policy and recommendations.

Just a thought out loud and in the rough but maybe something can be built on the idea.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

By associtated ministries I mean those that make descisions, offer activity, or resources that impact Pathfinders today and in the future such as:

Center for Youth Evangelism
Xtreme Youth Resources
Adventurer Committee
All YPAC Committees
AdventSource
and I am sure there are others.

Post subject: Thanks for the ideas
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

fish,

Thanks for the ideas. I'm not sure what direction we'll go with that kind of stuff, largely because of staff support issues.

Anyway, stay tuned and see what happens.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:59 am 
Astute Guide

I like Chris' Idea.
It would be nice to have a place to go to look up when an event is taking place for example.

Mr. Mike