Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TLT Uniform insignia's
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 pm 
New Friend

My concern is regarding the TLT Uniform and where to place insignia's on the uniform. I need someone on the NAD/GC level to officially state where the oval TLT patch is to be sewn on. I currently have my TLT's placing it on their sash so please HELP US on this issue!!!! :cry:

AG in Mich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 pm 
Astute Guide

[Is this the patch you're talking about?]

I don't know that there is any official statement on where the oval TLT patch is supposed to go. If that's the case, then the sash is the best place. I would look in the staff manual, but I don't have one at home.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:05 pm 
New Friend

Thanks for the quick response. The problem is it doesn't state it in Pathfinder manual or TLT manual as to where to place the patch-it states "other items as per conference policy". So what we've been telling our kids is to place it on sash as there is not enough room on shirt/blouse for it.

AG in Mich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:53 am 
New Friend

I agree, at least here in Indiana, the patch you are discussing goes on the sash, not the shirt/blouse.

Your Brother in Christ,
Keith

We are the clay and You are our Potter; we are all the work of Your hand. Isaiah 64:8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:04 am 
Astute Guide

Well if it says "other items as per conference policy", then the best thing to do is to contact your conference youth director and see if your conference has any guidelines for that particular patch. If not, the the sash is where it should go.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:35 am 
New Friend

I have been working closely in the TLT Program since 2002 as Motor City Area TLT Coordinator and currently as TLT Coordinator for the Lake Region Conference and have always placed this particular patch on the sash. But just recently the placement of this patch is being challenged by an area TLT Coordinator. She is telling the kids in her area to place it on the sleeve :shock: So my youth director instructed me to check with other notable sources. Thanks everyone for your help with this! :D

AngieG
PLA and LRC TLT Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:45 pm 
Astute Guide

Ahh... now I see more clearly where you are coming from with on this issue.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:17 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
The best I can suggest is to ask your Conference Pathfinder Director. They are the person that is ultimately responsible for making policies regarding all Pathfinder guidelines. Every conference that I have been part of has placed (If that patch is given. Some only get sleeve strip. Image) on the sash.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:35 pm 
Master Guide

In Northern New England, the Conference Pathfinder Director reports to the Youth Director. His Youth Director has tasked him with find this out, so I guess he's already topped out in his conference. He really needs to hear from someone at the NAD/GC level. Unfortunately, it is very rare that Pathfinder Leadership at those levels visit this forum. I think you're going to have to contact them via some other avenue.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 pm 
Master Guide

As far as I know... everyone I've come into contact with has placed that patch on the sash. However, I know someone who was instrumental in starting the TLT program, I'll see if I can talk to him and let you know what their wishes were...

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:41 am 
Site Admin

The GC/NAD will be unwilling to make a "final call" on that patch placement. I have sat on committees where they discuss this and similar issues.

In MOST cases, it is on the sash in the lower portion (the same place that their master guide patch will later inhabit). The thinking is that this patch is UP UNTIL they are invested as a Master GUide, which in the curriculum is the culmination of 4 years of TLT work.

Patch placement, other than the basics outlined in the Pathfinder Staff Manual are at the SOLE DISCRETION of the YOuth Director. If your youth/pathfinder director is unwilling to make a stand or make a decision on this issue that is unfortunate. Most youth directors sit on the Pathfinder Advisory...so if they really want to know, they are welcome to bring it to that forum.

I sit on a couple of these committees....but am by no means an "official voice" but it may be as close to an official voice as you'll get :o :wink: