Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: forum for 12+ under only
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:13 am 
Helpful Explorer

There's a forum for teens only, but there's no special forum for 12 and under! They need their own forum, also.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:14 pm 
Master Guide

Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. Any web site that allows children under the age of 13 to register is required by law to get parental permission, maintain records of having received that permission, set up a privacy policy that guarantees that no identifiable information will be divulged, etc. Identifiable information would include an email address, name, place of residence, school, etc.

This board is run by volunteers with permission from the NAD. We have neither the time to maintain all that information or safeguard the data, nor do we have the PERMISSION from the NAD to do so.

Instead, we recommend that those under the age of 13 ask their parents to register and then sit with them as they use the Internet. Until this board was upgraded early this year, even it was bombarded by illicit and graphic content. It was deleted quickly, but the fact that it was even able to make it here is a testament to Satan's audacity and persistence.

Thankfully, we have had no such incidents since the upgrade, but I'm sure the time will come when the spammers figure out to to automate registrations and begin posting their filth again. We will be here to mitigate their efforts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:54 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
Jim is right. It would take several full time, payed, people to keep that information safe. In the past we have had issues with awful content showing up on this website. We want this forum to be a safe environment for everyone. This means that we must do certain things that may seem either "unfair" or "exclusive."

I believe that the "Teen" areas were labeled as such to give "Pathfinder" age people that is especially for them (Notice the sticky at the very top of the Teen areas) that the adults should keep from, for lack of a better term, "overrun."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:43 am 
Site Admin

Jomegat and VeteranPathfinder both have said it well...sorry we can't oblige you.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:34 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I agree with Jomegat too. this is the internet and well nowadays lots of people 12 and under are giving out personal info and that has been leading to problems. Trust me i KNOW what's it feels like when someone breaks the rules and tells you their personal info even if you wanted it or not!

Voyager