[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - Firefighting Honor

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Firefighting Honor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:12 am 
Master Guide

Agree with jomegat in his propose change. Also, have a friend that is firefighter. Will take the questions for his review. Will include the change in #3 just in case.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:16 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:33 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:49 am 
Master Guide

Yes. That would work. The idea is that the individuals earning the honor view the drill from the standpoint of the person conducting the drill. So it is benificial for them not to be in one of the rooms evacuating. Otherwise we would just need to rewrite the requirement to say "participate in a fire drill..."

Engines and pumpers are almost always the same vehicle now, but I just didn't write that one like that (that is easy to fix). Our department also calls them tankers. However, many departments that fight large amounts of wildland fires and use planes or helicoptors call the aircraft tankers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:11 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:33 am 
Master Guide

I like that much better! It captures your intent to a much greater extent than the original wording or my re-wording.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:37 am 
Master Guide

I have a question, when they do the fire drill, should a police car or fire truck be present?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 am 
Master Guide

I'd make that optional. Unless there's no way to set off the alarm without alerting them! (I wouldn't know).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:59 am 
Master Guide

Then it would be a good idea to ask that question first and then either make arrangement for their presence or do a silence alarm: let kids know about date/time of the fire drill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 pm 
Master Guide

Many systems have a drill or test setting. You could also call the proper agencies to inform them that you are doing a drill. The answer to that question is in the organizing of the drill.

If you wanted to combine different parts of the honor, then you could have a fire truck (and firefighters) there to help with the drill and then explain equipment, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:44 am 
Master Guide

Yes, I plan to ask the club director how the church school handle that part, and also find out where is located the fire station for that area.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:21 pm 
Participating Companion

I would move the fire triangle into the fire safety honor, and have the fire fighting honor demonstrate how removing any leg of the triangle puts out the fire.

Before I will teach anyone how to start a fire in my survival classes I require them to know how to put it out, and safety rules for fires. I made a power point program that does this quite well.

Then there is a PSA from England that demonstrates how to fight a cooking oil fire and the scarring results of doing it wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6ezSxxwM3U

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:38 pm 
Participating Companion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:48 pm 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:59 am 
Master Guide

Next Tuesday I'm doing Inspection in the club that I plan to ask to do the pilot. Should I mention it to the director, or should I wait?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 am 
Master Guide

I'd say go for it. I haven't had much luck with getting a hold of those that I've wanted to review the honor. Edits can still be made during and after the pilots (after all, isn't the the entire reason that we do that; to test and recieve feedback?).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:09 am 
Master Guide

OK. I also will stop on my way home today at the firestation to ask if they can review the questions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:24 am 
Master Guide

The only thing I'm confused about is that the conference submitting the honor has to have 3 pilots from it's conference. If each of us is in a different conference, doesn't that kind of make it difficult to submit the honor?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:57 am 
Master Guide

I thought that it was just 3 clubs doing the pilots. Didn't know that it has to be 3 from each conference. I've done a few pilot honors from other conferences and it had count. But, since I'm going to Michigan this weekend I can asked Pastor Terry Dodge about that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm 
Master Guide

I think it depends on the Conference Youth/PF Director who submits it to the NAD Honors Committee. If that person accepts the pilots done by other clubs, then they count. If he does not... then they don't.

We are planning to pilot this one, but I'm not sure when yet. I have asked our Conference PF director to teach this one when he's at our club for Inspection. He was willing, but we have not yet set the inspection date.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:58 pm 
Master Guide

It is written as one conference. I do not think it will be turned down if a Conf. Director sends it up and the reports are from multi conf. clubs. We do have an evaluation form for new pilot ...

This is looking really good by the way (why I am posting). I have not had time to read every word but what I am seeing is very impressive.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:35 am 
Master Guide

Hey. I don't think my Conference Director would mind. As long as it was done propperly, that would be good enough for him. Thanks for the answers. I just thought of the question when I was reading the requirements that were listed on the parent site here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:53 am 
Master Guide

I am just curious to see if any of you have yet begun the pilot process yet. If so, what are/were the results. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next