Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AYMT
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:12 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
What's the story with AYMT? It was introduced to me about 1-3 years ago as both a better way to keep a standardization of MG & rewrite/replace PLA & PIA/APLA. I've got the published booklet in front of me, but haven't heard anything new since then.

Post subject: Re: No PLA and PIA Class
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:09 pm 
Participating Companion

Pathfindersonline.org now includes descriptions of what each seminar is about, under the staff training tab in the top menu. AYMT basically gives the general structure of what each course should cover within each certification. The content, however, is mostly up to the local conference to decide on how to best present it and what information goes into it. There is no official PowerPoint or presentation as of yet. I'm not sure there ever will be.

I work with my conference and do training seminars in English and Spanish and visit several churches that have Master Guides needing training as well. We have basically taken the older material we have from BST, PLA, and PIA and tried to update it. We have reviewed the seminar descriptions and tried to adapt what we can. There are other seminars, though, that have to be completely created, since they are quite new. It's a process so far of gathering resources, using experts in related fields, adapting, and updating existing material. We still do not have all the courses available.

I think the NAD is going to make other resources available as time goes on and maybe provide more details on the descriptions of certain seminars. Who knows, though, when this will be. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.