Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:01 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
When I was younger, pathfinders still had green as the official color of the pants and sash. I could never understand why people couldn't find a millitary surplus store like the one I used in Fort Worth, TX. With the advent, and monumental use of the internet, I have found it quite easy to find the parts needed for a MG uniform. In fact, even though I live in TN, I still use the same surplus store today for most of my needs.

I also will have to agree with those that don't want the change in color. I have found it very difficult to find inexpensive black uniforms that would make good replacements for the current MG uniform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:05 pm 
Master Guide

Does anyone know what will become of the MG uniform now that the Army is doing away with their green uniforms?

I have found that a suitable uniform for a MG is becoming quite expensive. Can someone tell me where I can find them for a decent price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:40 pm 
Master Guide

Does anyone have the jacket diagram for the MG uniform? Please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:15 pm 
Helpful Explorer

As far as I know, the only place where there was a photo of the Master Guide uniform was in the old Pathfinder Field Guide, and it just showed the MG pin on each lapel and the world patch on the left sleeve. I haven't seen it in any of the other NAD publications. Most people set up their MG jacket the same way they do their shirt, with the patches and pins, etc., in the same places. The diagram for that is found in the PF Staff Manual, pgs. 79 & 80. Nothing is mentioned about uniforms in the MG Curriculum book that I could see.

Has anyone else seen a MG uniform diagram :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:14 pm 
Master Guide

Thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:04 pm 
Master Guide

About the 27 beliefs, when it was change to 28 and what is 28 about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:10 am 
Helpful Explorer

Last summer at the General Conference session in St. Louis one more fundamental belief was added. It is listed as #11 in the current list of 28. It is entitled, "Growing in Christ." I won't type out the whole thing here, but if you go to http://www.adventist.org and click on the menu button labeled "Adventist Beliefs" the drop-down menu will show you "Fundamental Beliefs." Click on that and you can read them or print them out from a pdf if you'd like. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:31 pm 
Master Guide

Linda,

Thanks. It's amazing that my church didn't mention about it. I learned about that reading this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:12 pm 
Master Guide

On the fundamentals: There is a specific link to get straight to them.

This topic is a previous discussion on the matter

http://www.pathfindersonline.org/forum/ ... al+beliefs

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject: Re: Master Guide uniform
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:11 pm 
Participating Companion

Where does this issue lie at this point? I received my MG in May and was told to hold off on buying a full army type MG uniform because there is some debate as to whether or not the green will stay or if they will go to a cheaper version. masterguides.org still has the army green uniform used in its literature but that is dated 2007.

Anyone know of any future plans or should I go ahead and buy the full green uniform? I don't want to add anything to my black sash if I have to get a green one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:32 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I have been wondering about this myself. I do not yet have a full Class A MG suit yet, either. I use a green skirt and sash. I know that the US Army has changed their Class A's from green to dark blue. I do know of a place that will make a high-quality uniform in the green for anyone who wants one because they manufacture uniforms for police and fire companies and many of those organizations still use the green. However, on a one-off basis, with tailoring, they are expensive. It would be great if AdventSource would purchase some in bulk, thus making the price lower per unit, so people could order them there. The green unis just simply won't be found at "Army Surplus" stores very much longer. I am still a strong proponent of the green, but if it's cost prohibitive it precludes many from purchasing one. :?

I will be seeing James Black and some others on the uniform committee at an event in a couple of weeks. I will ask them if they've had any discussion about this lately...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:34 pm 
Master Guide

Yes, price is to expensive. That's why I used the regular Pathfinder uniform. Plus, I have trouble finding a small size.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:06 pm 
New Friend

I'll be sure to look for the response, Ms. Linda. I was recently invested as a MG at Oshkosh and would like to get the uniform.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:06 am 
Participating Companion

Since I can't find MG class A uniforms on AdventSource.com, does anyone know the current going rate for them?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:13 am 
Master Guide

I think that depends. Last I knew ABBA Uniforms sell them for $150. They didn't have my size, so I wasn't planning on paying that and again paying a taylor to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:15 am 
Helpful Explorer

If you can find one at an army suplus store they're not much more than $40-50. However, if you have one custom made they can run up to $250 or more. I hope that we can convince AdventSource that there is a need/demand for these and that they should make a deal with a manufacturer to make and supply them. If they did this the cost would be less prohibitive for everyone who wanted one. We'll see what happens...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:21 am 
Master Guide

At least where I live, in the Army Surplus, you can find the skirt but not the jacket, at least for my size.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 am 
Helpful Explorer

I had to make my own skirt with fabric I purchased from AdventSource, thanks to lots of phonecalls to my mom who's an expert seamstress! :) I don't have a full Class A MG uniform yet myself... :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 pm 
Helpful Explorer

The Master Guide uniform is staying the same according the conversations I've had with NAD officials very recently. There is a plan being worked on to hopefully make the lovely green Class A's available for purchase for those who want one. I know I do! Stay tuned for news...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:11 am 
Master Guide

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I have to ask this, because I've seen some at camporees wear it: Is it ok for a black colored uniform to be used in place of the forest green one? Since the Pathfinder colors changed from forest green to black in 2000, I can't understand why the MG's cannot have a black uniform... ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 pm 
Master Guide

The skinny of it is that there is only a scarf and slide for MG by the GC.* The NAD has officially adopted the Greens from a while back to be the additional parts of the MG uniform.** However, the Pathfinder uniform is, of course, still black.*** The best I can suggest is that a black uniform would be considered a Pathfinder uniform first and foremost and would also have to be approved by your conference, union, division, and/or GC (though probably just the conference level). I've added multiple quotations below to try to support my statement.

*According to the GC, there isn't a uniform for Master Guides, other than the scarf and slide. (http://gcyouthministries.org/Ministries ... ault.aspx; http://gcyouthministries.org/Ministries ... fault.aspx)

*"The official uniform for the Adventurer, Pathfinders, Master-Guide, and Ambassador is stipulated by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist® Youth Ministries Department. Any deviation or changes, including, but not limited to, the uniform’s style and color, must first be authorized by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist® Youth Ministries Department. (http://gcyouthministries.org/Ministries ... fault.aspx)"

*"Basic Uniform - Should include the Pathfinder world emblem and the Pathfinder scarf. Other insignia and styles of uniforms are determined by each Division in keeping with the norms and economic conditions of the fields under their care. (http://gcyouthministries.org/Ministries ... fault.aspx)"

*"The Master Guide is the expert, the advisor, the promoter, for Adventurers, Pathfinders, Ambassadors, Youth Emergency Service Corp and Youth. As such, MG is NOT a Pathfinder Program, it is a Youth Ministry Leadership Program. (http://gcyouthministries.org/Ministries ... fault.aspx)"

**"We are please to announce that at our last YPAC Committee Meeting in Dallas on February 12, 2008, the Master Guide Committee voted that the official color for the Master Guide Uniform in the North American Division is Green Pants/Skirts and/or Jacket & Tan Shirts/Blouses. (http://www.adventistyouthministries.org ... il-25.html)"

***"The official colors for the NAD Pathfinder Unform are:Shirt/Blouse - Khaki (Suntan), Pants / Skirt -- Black, Socks -- Black, Shoes -- Black or Brown, Sash - Black, with length no longer than the tip of the fingers on the left hand, Neck tie -- Black (available from Adventsource)
Is available for both men and women. This is part of the adult Class "A" uniform.(http://www.pathfindersonline.org/html/u ... m_pics.htm)"

***"The specific style of the uniform items of clothing is to be decided by the Pathfinder Council of each local Conference. (http://www.pathfindersonline.org/html/u ... m_pics.htm)"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:49 am 
Superlative Voyager

That makes alot of sense! Thanks! I'll check in with my conference youth director/pathfinder area coordinator for clearance on what to do. In all things, I want to do my best, and what is proper.