Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MG Star w/chevons Patch
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:46 pm 
Participating Companion

I am almost finished with my MG, :smt005. When I was in Pathfinders before, there were only five Classes then the MG. The Voyager was not a class back then. I was wondering if there were any of the old MG Star and the five chevons available anywhere?

I am planning on doing the class work for Voyager in the future, but in the mean time I would like to wear the Big Patch before I finish that class.

How about the Silk Neckerchief and Metal Slide with the Class Strips, does any one know where I could find anyof these?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:41 am 
Helpful Explorer

There are no longer any Combination Chevrons available with just the five stripes for sale that I am aware of.

Technically you should finish the Voyager class before wearing the Combination Chevron as it stands with the six strips. Each strip means you have completed that class.

The MG slides are only available in a soft cloth loop. Similar to the regular pathfinder slide but better looking.

:arrow: Check with your conference first to see if they supply the invested items. If they don't they will refer you to AdventSource. If you are referred to AdventSource, be sure to get the "Investiture Password" from the conference youth Department. The password is required to place an order for these awarded items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:41 pm 
Master Guide

Also, while you are at your conference office or have the youth secretary on the phone check for the old patch. They may have been stuck with one or a thousand.

I collect all things Pathifnders and the primary source for random grabs is eaby. From time to time I find items through long effort and carefull searching. You might also call the Area Coordinators in your conference, usually old timers they might be able to help you out.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject: Patches with five
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:09 pm 
Participating Companion

Thanks for your input. I will check with some of the old timers about insignia with only the Five chevons. That is a GREAT idea.

If I do not find insignia with only the five, then I do not plan on getting the one with Six untill I finish with Voyager. That would be cheating, and a REAL MG would not do that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:11 pm 
Master Guide

Good for you. An outstanding example, thank you.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:07 pm 
Helpful Explorer

:arrow: Hey he sounds like a real Master Guide :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:37 am 
Superlative Voyager

Amen! I have been working on MG since I was a Voyager - which I never even finished but still have my card!!! I taught Companion Advanced last PF year and am moving up to Explorers this year. I haven't taught Friends. I have a few more years to go on the classes - but I'm almost ready for my MG star! Praise God!

Marcie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:45 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I once ordered the Star, but recieved the star with the six stripes, I never have corrected that, so have never worn the Mater Guide star. I guess since I have the pin, that is what is improtant to me. I guess I like my uniform simple.

Ok, but having said that, I think it's time I get my uniform up to snuff.

Chelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:10 pm 
Participating Companion

I'm so happy that so many of you are almost finished with the MG. :wink:
I am also happy to hear so much feed back!

At our last Camporee, I noticed this older man sitting in front of me, he stood out a LITTLE because his MG, neckerchief didnot have the current MG thing on it. This man's neckerchief had the old Octigon with a Big Ole'
MV in the middle of it and the four class stars in four of the corners.

I just love seeing that Old stuff, I wish there were more of that Old stuff out were we could see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:21 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Thats very true, some of us that have had older suff, have updated as the uniform has changed. Thinking back I wish I had some of my older stuff. Not that it was THAT old, but it was still JMV when I started. I wonder if my mom still has my old orange scarf? I have some of my moms MV pins, Friend and Companion I think, and I'd bet my Grandma has her OLD Master Guide scarf someplace.

As a side note, My grandma was abale to pin me every year except for one from Busy Bee all the way to Master Guide. And our past youth directer here in Wisconsin officiated over all but 2 of my investitures, afficiated when my mom recieved her MG (the same year as me actually, Grandma pinned me, I pinned my mom) and officiated for my childrens first investitures. Sorry to get off track, but talking about the old stuff got me to reminiscing.

Chelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:29 pm 
Participating Companion

That's really Cool. I have a great aunt that is a MG. I am hoping that once I got finish, she will be able to pin me, but she is getting on up into her 90's and doesnot travel much anymore :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:37 pm 
Astute Guide

Why not take your investiture to your great aunt?
I bet it would be special for both of you.

Mr Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:37 am 
Superlative Voyager

I'm just finishing up my Guide this summer... I WILL finish it this summer lol. I'm making a point of it. And once I'm done, Leadership Convention will start out with the MG training, and I plan to hopefully have it finished by the end of the year.

Being that this is the end of my 5th year as a staff member... Guide kinda fell by the wayside... I've always been either Director or Deputy Director... so I know those of you that are in that position know what I mean by having very little time to complete things :P

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:32 pm 
Participating Companion

Don't feel bad MaderaPF! I've been in leadership (counselor, deputy director, and, for DTP only, director) in our club for the past 18 years and just this past year had the opportunity to teach Guide. My two dropped out before finishing the year, but since I was three-fourths through decided to go on and finish it for myself. Now I need to go back and do advanced classes for Explorer through Voyager. I think it's important for our PF's to see that we are interested in completing classwork ourselves. If we don't, I think they get the mistaken idea that it isn't important for them to finish either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:56 am 
Superlative Voyager

oh I agree totally...

The kids see me... the Director, and they ask me how come I'm not Master Guide yet? Helps to say that I'm still learning, and I'm still not finished... and we'll all learn how to make things work together, u know?

I have all the advanced classwork up to Guide, so... hopefully things will work well. Taking care of two elderly people, working 40+ hours a week, going back to school to finish a degree, Pathfinder Director, spokesperson of a new church (and for the most part, pastor) Youth Group leader... in addition to having a life somewhere in there...

haha, I could use the extra prayer to help me finish Guide... AND I WILL... By The Grace Of God.

Central California Conference