Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:02 pm 
Participating Companion

http://mysite.verizon.net/alfa0722/Mast ... niform.pdf
idea replace triangular Pf emblem from this link. In our division standarts only established. sorry for my broken english.

In addition MG now it's non only patfinder lider. Youth, sabbat school and adventurer leaders also can complete MG cours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
Technically, each conference can modify the Pathfinder Uniform as they see fit, as Florida and Texas (in reference to your link) have done. Personally, I don't think that a Pathfinder, even if they are a Master Guide, should ever replace the Pathfinder Globe with the MG patch (my shirt isn't big enough to fit it anyways).

The General Conference's only rule about uniforms is the yellow scarf. The divisions usually do more to guide the uniform rules. Take the North American Division. They state that a light brown shirt, black pants, black sash, yellow scarf, and so on are the rules for their division (they still have the yellow scarf, but have added much more items to the uniform rules). The union I live in, the Southern Union, has no changes to the uniform rules. My conference, the Georgia-Cumberland Conference has made no changes to the uniform rules either (at least I haven't seen any yet). However, the Florida Conference (which is a part of the Southern Union) has modified the uniform rules further. Each has kept the higher rules, but have added more to fit what they want or think works.

Texas has done this as well. Even before I moved to Tennessee, Texas was beginning to issue their own uniform parts. At first, it was just the slides (which had the state of Texas behind the Pathfinder emblem). I've seen now that they have this emblem also on the MG scarfs and patches as well.

Now, let's take a look at the uniform where you live. I don't know what the division has done, but I've seen that the Ukrainian Union Conference has a Pathfinder Uniform much like the NAD's. However, in your conference (the Southern Ukrainian Conference), Master Guides often wear a white shirt and dark blue pants, instead of the light brown shirt and dark pants other Pathfinders wear. There are shoulder braids that are worn by a few directors, all of the district coordinators, and the conference pathfinder director.

Some places in the world, a uniform like yours and mine may not be worn because of the government's belief that uniformed children and adults looks like an army that might revolt.

In summery, the uniform can be modified to fit the needs of the area it is being worn in.

As to MGs being more than just Pathfinders... That's the way it should be. Master Guide was meant to be a rank showing that you have completed training on how to lead all or any area of church children and youth. Pathfinders was and is just the biggest area that you find MGs. Adventurers, Sabbath School teachers, Youth group leaders can all learn lots from the Master Guide program.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 am 
Site Admin

At the North American Division level and I (THINK) at the General Conference level, Master Guides (MGs) have been "more than" Pathfinders for a very long time (if not forever).

In the North American Division, Master Guides' official Class A Uniform is EITHER the uniform of Pathfinder/Adventurers (since both organizations have a uniform) OR a dark green uniform (dark green pants and tan shirt, green fitted coat, green sash, yellow scarf) and thus "is bigger than" any of the ministries for which MGs function.

In North America, MGs work in kids Sabbath Schools, AY Societies and afternoon activities, Pathfinders, and Adventurers, to name a few. As has been said previously, Master Guide is an indication of TRAINING for youth/kids ministry and is NOT simply "the top Pathfinder" as has sometimes been mistakenly thought (since most Master Guides are involved in Pathfinders).

In an ideal world, all of our kids ministry leaders would be MGs -- we would likely have a much more highly invested/involved leadership team!

One caveat (my opinion and not an official statement of any kind): In the NAD, a sad thing is happening -- Master Guides are forming "clubs" to simply hang out with each other as fellow master guides. These clubs are NOT ministry focused typically, and do not SERVE any kids AT ALL! As you can tell, I am personally firmly opposed to "clubs" that have no ministry purpose--and thus don't think this is a very good trend, but it is happening nonetheless (especially as Master Guides in the NAD age -- most are now in their 50's or older).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 am 
Site Admin

According to the NAD office, a few years ago the issue of a Master Guide Uniform and which ONE was officially the MG Uniform (black and tan or green) came up at a meeting. It was affirmed at that point (and thus is still valid) that the GREEN uniform is the OFFICIAL Master Guide Uniform.

However, you will often find Master Guides simply wearing the balck and tan with a master guide scarf. That version of uniform is acceptable, at least in the NAD.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Just an update: I have finished Master Guide - finally :D It's taken a long time, and after some time outside the church, I chose to come back, and to finish my Master Guide :) So, here I am :)

Central NH Flames

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:04 am 
Master Guide

Congratulations! I am very happy to have been a part of that. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:48 am 
Skillful Ranger

Thank you very much Mr. Thomas. I greatly appreciate your encouragement through the final stages :)

Central NH Flames

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:32 am 
Master Guide

pathfinders wrote:
According to the NAD office, a few years ago the issue of a Master Guide Uniform and which ONE was officially the MG Uniform (black and tan or green) came up at a meeting. It was affirmed at that point (and thus is still valid) that the GREEN uniform is the OFFICIAL Master Guide Uniform.

However, you will often find Master Guides simply wearing the balck and tan with a master guide scarf. That version of uniform is acceptable, at least in the NAD.

Well, that change and the GREEN is not only OFFICIAL MG Uniform - now it can also be Black and Tan.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:10 am 
Skillful Ranger

Interesting. I'd noticed the black and tan option available (with jacket) from a couple different vendors of PF uniforms. I do think it helps keep things consistent (at least in Pathfinders) - and it means you don't have to move all your honors to another sash. But I do agree that the green uniform helps the MGs to be more visible. I think the formation of MG clubs is counter- productive to the original intention of the MG program. Just my two cents, of course.

Central NH Flames