Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Master Guide Clubs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:53 am 
Master Guide

Quote:
...Some churches however have "Master Guide clubs" that operate separately from Pathfinders and they do their own graduation ceremony with much pomp and ceremony. Regional conference churches seem to often prefer this type of setup, though traditions vary across the NAD/World church Very Happy .

Mark O'Ffill

That's what my two area clubs have: Master Guide Clubs. It's good to know since that the first that we have in here. So, as an AC what is my reponsabilities for them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:46 am 
Site Admin

According to the General Conference, Master Guide clubs are a completely separate entity from Pathfinders or Adventurers. The reasoning is: Master Guides are trained to be leaders for A VARIETY of youth ministries, of which Pathfinders and Adventurers are only two (they also list AY and other regional entities).

Thus, the youth director is the one responsible for interfacing with the Master Guide Clubs in most cases. As a Pathfinder Area Coordinator you are responsible for the PATHFINDER clubs in your region....

However, that is simply the "ideal on paper". What your responsibilities are within your local conference context MAY include oversight of the Master Guide clubs, since the majority of Master Guides PERFORM their ministry within the Pathfinder organization.

I hope this helps.

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:11 am 
Master Guide

And knowing my Youth Director, he will tell me to take care of that. LOL :shock:

So, as a MG Club, do they have to wear the Pathfinder uniform? I asked due to in one club most of the members have never been Pathfinders and they are taking the classes to become MG. Where can I go to get more info regarding MG Clubs. We starting next month the new Pathfinder year and I would like to know more info about MG Clubs.

Post subject: MG Clubs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Call AdventSource or the General Conference Youth Department.

The GC Youth Department has a website, but I don't think they have info on MG Clubs.

Now on uniforms....

If they are part of a PATHFINDER CLUB in addition to their MG Club They can either wear the black and tan of the PATHFINDER organization (and thus the matching black bordered MG cloth slide and patches) or they can wear the GREEN formal uniform of the Masterguide along with GREEN cloth slides and patches (Ask AdventSource for details). That is the formal answer.

However, in most conferences, there is a "tradition" of what is "cool" and what is "not cool" when it comes to the "normal" attire for Master Guides who are NOT Pathfinders. You should talk with your youth director. I have simply explained my understanding the overarching NAD tradition. How that tradition is played out in various conferences varies widely.

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:53 am 
Master Guide

Thanks. I will contact Advent Source to find out what they have. I will also talk to Mike to find out what is the 'normal' standing for non-pathfinders MG. But, can they wear the Green uniform is they are not MG yet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Non-invested thus, non-Master Guides should wear the black and tan within the Pathfinder program or the blue and white within the Adventurer program. At least within those two organizations, the GREEN uniform, jacket and all, tells others that you are CURRENTLY a Master Guide.

What the rules for when one can wear the green uniform within "Master Guide clubs"? I don't know, and I'm not sure who might.

Mark O'Ffill

Last edited by pathfinders on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:42 am 
Master Guide

I found a website from Texas regarding Master Guide but it doesn't mention anything regarding rules for a MG Club. I sent him an email to find out if he knows more about it. As soon as I get info I'll let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:31 am 
Master Guide

There are no rules, unless they are newer than I am kept up to date. The concept was that those needing to work on the MG as it has evolved into something time consuming and needing support and help could for a sub culture of their own as a club. This club would include existing MG's as guides, sponsors, instructors... whatever you like.

We had a HUGE problem in AZ several years ago when that started out. This was the segregation of the club. Yes, MG is an all areas of youth ministry certification, BUT as a club you must be involved in youth ministry of some kind it is not a singles club. So we had to produce a conference level requirement and the general translation is that a MG Club is not a club so much as a support group and all MG Clubs are required to register with the conference and ALL members MUST be ACTIVELY involved in another youth ministry.

The simple matter for over site is that the MG's and those in training need to be fulfilling their 'certification' and requirements by participating in a youth ministry. Most often this will be Pathfinders and Adventurers some may choose AY and Sabbath School or other active youth activities in their church. In addition a MG club need not be a single church effort, as it is a training group they should be open to other local churches who do not have the people to teach but have those who want to learn.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell

Post subject: Re: Master Guide Clubs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:56 pm 
New Friend

Any Good ideas on a Master Guide Club Handbook for a local Master Guide Club??

Thanks

Roy

Zephaniah 3:17

Post subject: Re: Master Guide Clubs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:56 pm 
Participating Companion

Hi Roy, and welcome to the forum! There is currently no official handbook or manual for Master Guide clubs. The concept of "clubs" for Master Guides did not stem from the North American Division or the General Conference. It came mostly from the Interamerican and South American Divisions as a way to group leaders-in-training together and motivate one another to complete the requirements. You can find the Master Guide Manual which has helps and resources for completing the requirements (although I think that parts of that manual are now outdated since there are new requirements for Master Guide). There are many conferences that now have an official Master Guide Director that helps MG clubs in their local conference and helps with trainings and such. However, the concept of MG clubs is still not officially recognized by the NAD or GC and, therefore, no manual or handbook on how to regulate such clubs has been created.