Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:48 am 
New Friend

Are Master Guide Requirements the same or Difference for each conference. I Assumed that the list I pulled on from Pathfindersonline was the official list for the whol NAD. But The MG or our church says they are all different now, that each conference can make it own requirements. For instance, they think I have to earn 20 Honors instead of 4? That the conference is running the program and they dont even seem certain they can even sign off on item I finish. The other leader seems to think I have to earn all the Pathfinders levels before betting master guide. I want to earn this as an Adventuer Leader. Sounds like are making it sounde so hart that they want to discourage me.

I would really like to work on this; but they are making really hard for me. I'm 47 - I'd like to earn it before I'm 50.

I dont mind hard work, they are just making it seem impossible.

HELP!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:13 pm 
Astute Guide

I do believe that Master Guide requirements vary from conference to conference. In order to make sure you do it right, you need to contact the person at your conference office who is in charge of Pathfinders and get the requirements straight from your conference.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 pm 
Master Guide

NAD has adopted official requirements. GC has adopted official requirements they differ.

Your conference has never been empowered nor denied the right to vary in these materials. Essentially they can do what they well please. There are two "Master Guides" and patches are made for both, first is one who has completed all of the Pf level classes and MG ( the long patch with all of the Chevrons) the other is one who has not completed ALL of the Pf classes but has completed MG ( the star only patch) I have never known of a conference who has made one possible but not the other. Florida is a progressive, they often vary from NAD as do certain CA conferences. Ask the conference Youth Department and only that department if you want a definitive answer and ask them to recommend an AC or other MG of reputation you can call to seek sponsorship. This will ease the process as far as possible.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International