Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

The Sophmore CUrriculum in Adventist Academies includes a whole semester on Adventist History and as a teacher, I've examined it (I'm currently teaching it this semester), and a passing grade in that course (It's an academy SOPHMORE course usually) would complete the Master Guide Requirement.

Staff, alert your TLT's to this, since they've probably not begun their MG classwork til their Junior Year.

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:52 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I had totally forgotten about that, but I got it at done at a convention anyhow....

Central NH Flames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:55 pm 
Master Guide

Although AY is not usually very active at the academies I know (unless they have an attached grade school) that among other things helped me with my Master Guide. I was active in my home church's club and a village student.

I earned a couple of honors by passing classes in academy too.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:08 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I was ever so grateful when while working on MG our previous conference PF director told us that we could count things we've done in school toward our MG requirements.

For example, if you'd gone all the way through Adventist schools, you'd most certainly done the history portion of the Adventist Heritage Award. I was also a student missionary and taught Bible classes every day, most certainly having gone through most if not all of the foundamental beliefs. Then, later on working with the club it's easy to tell stories about those expriences, etc., and earn the Christian Storytelling honor.

Take an inventory of all the things you've done in school and in life practice and you'll find that you may have already done lots of things necessary for your MG requirements!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:30 am 
New Friend

I had thought of that but dismissed the posibility because of Master Guide

Requirements:

I. Prerequisites:

A. Be at least 16 years of age.

B. Be a baptized member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church

C. Complete a 10 hour basic staff training course in one of the following:

1. Adventurer Ministries

2. Pathfinder Ministries

3. Youth Emergency Services

4. Teen / Young adult ministries

So doesn't the candidate have to make sure these three are complete BEFORE starting MG Program? Just curious and my second son and daughter will follow my oldest' lead and do just that. I will not downplay the Guide class (where most sophmores are) to rush in MG. Just my thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:38 pm 
Master Guide

Most places will allow that you complete the Basic Staff Training Course during your study of Master Guide, wether that be the intent or not it is sometimes the practical solution.

The student at Academy should be able to access at least one of these training programs through another local group, annual convention, or by special session sponsored by the conference for the academy students that are interested.

The hills are more related to III a - teach a lower AY class and V b 5 attend one of the modern groups for one year and attend the staff meetings. You will have to find some place some time that you can dedicate to a youth ministry to accomplish this.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:24 am 
Helpful Explorer

I was under the assumption that in order to be INVESTED as a Master Guide you had to be 16 years of age, but that you could start on your requirements before you turned 16. I know of at least 2 or 3 of my MG friends that started on their requirements earlier, then were invested after they turned 16. In that case, there would be no reason why they can't take the basic staff course or even the MG course while they're still in academy, provided that there's opportunity for them to do so. And, these opportunities should be made available to them whenever possible.

Since Pathfinders is such tremendous service and leadership-building organization it would benefit the schools to cooperate with the Pathfinder leadership and even encourage the kids to attend training sessions. Better yet, they should host the sessions so that the students don't have to go off campus, and to expose all the others attending the sessions to their schools (free PR!). Ideally, the TLT and MG curriculum would be incorporated into the school's curriculum, but as stated in another earlier post, unless there's a church school or PF club nearby, there's not much opportunity for the practicum of working with the kids in the necessary setting.