Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:47 pm 
New Friend

Hello all

as you have read the Topic .. i am new to this ..
i am a SDA believer and baptised ..maried and have 2 boys
now i am 40 yrs of age Male. now you know me a lil bit better.
i have not been to the pathfinder for about 20 yrs .. but now i am back and willing to go the full 100%
i have no honors at all .. How can i help myself the way way possible and to go the right way about this to reach my goal of being a Drill Major or Master. i know that there are tests to be done and seminars .. but now that i live in The Netherlands our
Union in the Netherlands does not suppoort the sda Pathfinders way of doing things .. but they do Camporee (scouting).

Our Church wants to have a pathfinders club..and register our club and also want to recieve a flag ..so that we can be aproved by the General conferance. ( Does anyone know how this works?).

by saying this ..i am letting you know that i am not alone, is there some advice or info you all know ..as to whom i can aproach.

Ty you in advance and God Bless.( Pray for us here in the Netherlands for the Church (Risdac)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:07 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
First of all, welcome to the forum. Secondly, thank you for your commitment to volunteering with Pathfinders.

In regards to being a drill major, the road to becoming one is extremely varied. Every conference/mission/union had different ways of selecting or certifying drill instructors. Many don't have any requirements. However, generally speaking, a drill instructor is likely to have had drill experience from a service duty (military, police, fire, etc), Pathfinders, or other form of experience. A drill instructor has to be passionate about teaching drill and passionate about the children enjoying drill.

It would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with a drill manual that you want to use for instructing. If there are any other Pathfinder or scout groups that use a particular manual, than you might want to use the same manual so that everyone is familiar with the commands and actions, regardless of where or who is in charge. In the US, our division has used the US Army drill manual, [i]with adaptations. Pathfinder drill is fun and teaches many great skills, but it is not a junior military organization.

If your local conference/mission does not want to work with Pathfinders, take it to union/mission. If they are not willing to work with Pathfinders, take the issue to your division. I would hope that by the time you got to the division level, somebody would be able to work with you to acknowledge your Pathfinder club and get you any flags you need or want. Being that you are in the Netherlands, you are in the Netherlands Union Conference. Your division is the Trans-European Division, located in England. There contact information can be found by clicking here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:18 pm 
New Friend

Dear veteran-pathfinder

we have come so far that we are finally acknowledge in the Netherlands Union.. we have approached the Trans-European Division and we have a pathfinder Club By the name of Orion. we already received our flag and scarfs .. now we are waiting on the uniforms.. and i already have a drill instruction map with the basics in it.. in witch i am well familiar with. what i would need now is ..the way a Club-meeting is to be started of in service on how to start with the basic stuff of a line call and prayer attention.. etc etc.. i need to know the order of it. is there a manual to that?

i know prayer is always first after the command call " attention " .. well maybe you all do it otherwise ..

but anyways thanks for the Heads up. there is a Camporee coming up in The Netherlands Trans Europian camporee .. you all are welcome LOL, i know that there is a camporee coming soon in the USA.

Well hey God Bless and God Speed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
I'm glad to hear of good progress. I cannot say that there is a specific order for a club service to start, in regards to drill commands. The command that is probably used the most commonly would be "Fall-in." That is to command the pathfinders to group themselves however you have assigned them (age, sex, height; or a combination of those three) and stand at Attention. Beyond that, it is really up to the person in front if you leave them at Attention or put them to a resting move (parade-rest, stand at ease, at ease, or rest). You may decided to Present Arms for pledges, but not everyone does (except for the national pledge).

When praying, we used the command Prayer Attention. However this is only after bringing Pathfinders to Parade Rest first (Parade Rest -> Prayer Attention).

I hope that helps. If not, let us know and some eager soul will answer further questions (if I don't get to internet fast enough again).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:49 pm 
New Friend

sorry for such a long wait for my responce.

ok i understand what you are saying ..
What we do instead of saying the Command "Fall in" we use our wisle and make 3 short but affirmative wisles (fluting).
but we also acknowledge the Command "Fall in" and "Fall out" but "Fall in " we don't use as much.
but 1 Question .. in the command " Attention" the Pathfinders are not allowed to move or do anything right .. so we as Drill instructors cannot say ..as the Pathfinder are in "Attention stand" to do for example "Prayer attention" . do they have to be in the "stand At ease" position in order to do the prayer attention?. or this does not matter.

and does your club-meetings look like as for the program of the day?.
how many Pathfinders and adventurers do you have currently.
our pathfinder is about 15 young people and Adventurers about 15 also then we got little lambs wich is about 15 to 20 of them .. lol

please Keep us in your prayers ..because there is part of our seventh-day union that participate with scouting clubs, so we are the only one that holds a Pathfinder Club in the Netherlands. hopefully others may come over to join the pathfinders club also .. pleas pray because there is a struggle of the Word of God here in the Netherlands (union). about different topics.. for instance about : *beep* position in the church and living together without being married and upholding the 4th commandment (when they just do their own thing ) and so many more topics ..

there are those like us that keep His commandment and that keep His word as it is written. because of our prayers and endurance The Netherlands union allows us to do nowadays much more now. but we need allot of prayer still.
thanks for you quick response :) .. now i have checked "Notify me when a reply is posted" so i can directly see you reply lol (i had it unchecked ) lol sorry ..
ok now Bye .. and ...
God Bless you