[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - Drill Command Questions

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:01 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:08 pm 
New Friend

Deputy Director, Master Guide, Drill Instructor, TLT Coordinator

http://www.kodakgallery.com/bentonvillebeavers (password: beaver)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:19 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:14 pm 
New Friend

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 am 
Helpful Explorer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:54 am 
New Friend

By "Go to" I meant that Parade Rest would be resumed automatically as soon as Amen was said, not that the command would actually have to be given. You are technically right in saying that "Prayer Attention" can only be given from a position of Attention", although the command "Prayer Attention" is frequently used by itself without the command "Parade Rest" preceding it. I was only explaining why logically it is that "Prayer Attention" should technically only be given from Attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:46 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
Yes. I have found someone who believes the same thing that I do about "Prayer Attention." I have never understood why we had to call "Parade Rest" before calling "Prayer Attention."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:00 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:59 pm 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:03 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:56 am 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:05 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:16 pm 
New Friend

What happend to Prayer Rest, that is what I remember using when I was a pathfinder in the 80s. It was simpler because you just did Attention; Prayer Rest; Attention. Other than going directly from Attention to Prayer Rest and back instead of stoping at Parade Rest in the middle it was identical to Prayer Attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:48 am 
New Friend

Interesting... I was a Pathfinder back in the 80's as well but I never heard of "Prayer Rest"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:18 am 
Master Guide

Post subject: Drill Command Questions
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:27 am 
New Friend

Hello,

My club was in the Precision Drill Competition this year and I found out there were some changes to Prayer Attention that I was unaware of. According to the Drill manual I have, it says....

"C. At the conclusion of prayer:
1. Male Members. At the conclusion of prayer, each male member (without any orders)
replaces his head gear using both hand sand resumes parade rest.
2. Female Members. At the conclusion of prayer, each female member resumes parade rest."

I have found out that clubs were getting marked off for NOT calling Parade Rest after Amen. I'm not sure when this took affect, but I haven't been able to find this change anywhere.

Does anybody know if the Drill Manual at AdventSource has these changes in it? If not, does anybody know where I can find this change and other changes at?

Thank you,

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:18 pm 
Astute Guide

(I work at AdventSource.) Adam, you are correct. According to the drill manual, at the conclusion of prayer (otherwise known as "amen"), the pathfinders immediately resume Parade Rest. However, every conference does have their variances, whether they are correct or not. My suggestion is to bring this to the attention of whoever does drilling for you area, conference, or whatever group you are with, gently, and point out that according to the Pathfinder Drill Manual, there is no need to call the formation back to Parade Rest after prayer. If they won't listen, then just follow whatever they say to do, no big deal.

There was a family that moved to my club from Indiana, and they had been taught to stay at Prayer Attention after prayer until told otherwise, and it took a while for them to get used to doing it the "right" way.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:00 am 
Master Guide

Each conference has its own variations of how to drill and march. First off, try to follow the commands as your conference has prescribed. Make sure that those commands aren't against the NAD/GC versions of drill and marching. If there is room for leeway in how to do the command, try to understand your conference's view of the command. I know that it is hard. When I moved from the Texas Conference to the Georgia-Cumberland Conference, I had to learn a different way to do prayer attention as well. In Texas, pathfinders stayed at prayer attention until ordered otherwise. In Tennessee, I had to learn to go to parade rest after hearing "amen."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:29 am 
New Friend

Thank you for all of your help tuningpeg571 and veteranpathfinder. I am going to try and contact somebody at the Conference Office and see if I can find a local "manual." Thanks again for your information. It is great to know that there are people out there to help us newbies out (just finished my first year as director). :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:47 pm 
Astute Guide

Here is a link to the drill manual available from AdventSource.

http://adventsource.org/book.aspx?ID=21350

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:46 am 
Master Guide

That is the book to go by. Nobody should question you if you are using the NAD drill manual.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:55 pm 
New Friend

[quote="pfcamper"]In the different places I have been, people do different drill commands, differently. My question is, are drill commands modified conference, union, or division. Is there an "official" way to do a drill command? And if so, where can I find it?

When getting ready for prayer at attention, do you say, parade rest, and then prayer attention? Or do you just say, prayer attention. I have seen this being done different way in different places and I am wondering if there is an "official" way to do drill comands. :?[/quote]

i think that every where people do things diffrently

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:02 pm 
New Friend

what are some advance dirll moves i can learn quickly :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:48 am 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:50 am 
Master Guide